Bone Grafting in Deerfield, IL
Patients who are experiencing bone loss in their jaw may be candidates for a procedure called bone grafting. Bone grafting adds volume and density to the affected area of bone loss. Your own tissue grows and regenerates where a bone graft is placed. We sometimes combine this with PRP therapy. Platelet Rich Plasma is derived from your own blood and injected back into the treatment area. This process promotes tissue regeneration, allowing your body to heal faster.
There are several different methods used to develop bone grafts:
- Autogenous Grafts: are developed by taking materials from your own body
- Xenografts: are purchased from animal tissue banks
- Allografts: which are purchased from human tissue banks
- Alloplasts: which are synthetically created and modified
The four main types of bone grafts:
- Ridge Augmentation provides implants with a stable foundation by adding width and volume to the jaw bone.
- Socket Preservation prevents socket caving by filling the void after a tooth is extracted.
- Periodontal Bone Grafting provides support to existing teeth that may have become loose due to gum disease eroding the bone
- Sinus Lifts raise the sinuses back to their natural position when missing upper back teeth have caused them to drop. Prior to placing implants, a sinus lift may be required to avoid penetration of the sinus membrane.
Before the implant is placed, bone grafts must be allowed time to heal completely. Though it may seem intense, this procedure is surprisingly common. Rest assured that you are in good hands here at Northwestern Dental Group.
Meet Your Award Winning Dentists
Larry Mulvaney, DDS
The Proof is in Our Patients
MOST INSURANCES WELCOME AND MAXIMIZED!
Contact us and schedule your visit today.
Most Insurances Welcomed and Maximized
We’ll make the process of paying for your dental care as simple as possible! Our office accepts a wide variety of insurance plans, and we’re always happy to file your claim for you so that you can be sure to receive the maximum benefits available to you. Northwestern Dental Group is in network with Delta Dental, Cigna, Metlife, Aetna, Guardian, Ameritas, Principal, United Healthcare, United Concordia, Assurant, GEHA, Careington, Humana, TDA, BlueCross BlueShield and more! Call us today to find out how we can maximize your insurance plan!
|Monday||7:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Friday||7:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM – 2:00 PM|