Bone Grafting in Niles, IL
Patients whose jaws are losing bone may be candidates for a procedure called bone grafting. Thanks to bone grafting, the area with bone loss gains volume and density. Tissue grows and heals where a bone graft is placed. PRP therapy is occasionally coupled with this. Platelet-rich plasma is made from your own blood and then injected back into the therapy area. This technique promotes tissue regeneration, which promotes the healing process in your body.
There are several different methods used to develop bone grafts:
- Autogenous Grafts: are developed by taking materials from your own body
- Xenografts: are purchased from animal tissue banks
- Allografts: which are purchased from human tissue banks
- Alloplasts: which are synthetically created and modified
The four main types of bone grafts:
- Ridge Augmentation provides implants with a stable foundation by adding width and volume to the jaw bone.
- Socket Preservation prevents socket caving by filling the void after a tooth is extracted.
- Periodontal Bone Grafting provides support to existing teeth that may have become loose due to gum disease eroding the bone
- Sinus Lifts raise the sinuses back to their natural position when missing upper back teeth have caused them to drop. Prior to placing implants, a sinus lift may be required to avoid penetration of the sinus membrane.
Bone grafts need time to fully mend before the implant is inserted. Although it might seem difficult, this process is actually quite routine. At Northwestern Dental Group, you can relax knowing that you are in capable hands.
Niles, IL PRP Therapy Dentists – Bone Grafting Near Me – Affordable Bone Grafting in Gurnee, IL
Meet Your Award Winning Dentists
Larry Mulvaney, DDS
Dr. Phimon Atsawasuwan
The Proof is in Our Patients
MOST INSURANCES WELCOME AND MAXIMIZED!
Contact us and schedule your visit today.
Most Insurances Welcomed and Maximized
We’ll make the process of paying for your dental care as simple as possible! Our office accepts a wide variety of insurance plans, and we’re always happy to file your claim for you so that you can be sure to receive the maximum benefits available to you. Northwestern Dental Group is in network with Delta Dental, Cigna, Metlife, Aetna, Guardian, Ameritas, Principal, United Healthcare, United Concordia, Assurant, GEHA, Careington, Humana, TDA, BlueCross BlueShield and more! Call us today to find out how we can maximize your insurance plan!
Northwestern Dental Group
|Monday||9:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM – 6:00 PM|